Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Rebeka Martindell

Hello All!

My name is Rebeka Martindell.  I am beyond blessed to be the one and only daughter-in-law in the Martindell family.  I am married to the Martindell’s oldest son, Robby.  We have been happily married for 3 years now.  We met while both attending Eastern Arizona College in Thatcher, AZ. I was playing volleyball and he was playing basketball. He heard dating me was a “challenge”.  Well Robby has never been one to back down from a challenge, and I guess the rest is history.
Robby and I have moved around Arizona and Idaho during the last 3 years.  We currently reside in Pocatello, ID in a house with our two dogs. Robby is working to finish his Bachelors degree so that he can begin working on his Masters in Academic Advising.  Robby’s dream job is to be a school counselor/ academic advisor and a basketball coach. He hopes to eventually move up and become a coach at the collegiate level. This job is a perfect fit for him because I don’t know anyone who is more caring yet more competitive than he is.

           
Robby has recently started introducing himself as “Rob”, and that just isn’t going to fly.  My dad is “Rob” and my father-in-law is “Rob”… Robby is not Rob! MOVING ON..  Robby loves to be outdoors; whether it is snowboarding in the winter or camping in summer. Robby also loves any that involves a ball. Robby served an LDS mission in the Roseville mission in northern California. My favorite thing about Robby is that he is not afraid to be goofy and weird with me. I love to laugh, and Robby makes that happen on a daily if not hourly basis. Robby also has a heart the size of Texas; he forgives so quickly and loves me unconditionally. 

As for me, I am Rebeka Camille. I am the 3rd child of 4. I have two older brothers and one younger sister.  I too am a lover of the outdoors. I too love anything that involves a ball. I especially love volleyball; the game has blessed me with so much joy and so many opportunities. I am a country girl through and through. I was raised on a farm riding horses and showing steers.  I miss the Arizona sunshine so very very much.  I love getting pedicures. I am a daddy’s girl down to the core.  I
 am currently finishing up my Masters in Occupational Therapy. For those of you who don’t know what OT is, I’ll shed some light.   And no we don’t help people find jobs! J Occupational therapists believe you are what you do; meaning your identity of who you are is made up of the things you do each and every day.  When you can’t participate in your daily occupations; be it showering, eating, dressing, or writing a birthday card to your grandchildren, OT’s are there to help.  We help people with disabilities across the lifespan do the activities and occupations they want and need to do. PT’s help restore range of motion or strength. OT’s help you live before function is restored, or perhaps it may never be fully restored. 



 I am 100% apple and Robby is 99% android. Robby is Pepsi and I am Dr. Pepper.  Robby is a morning person and I am totally a night owl.  Robby loves salt and I love pepper.  Robby craves chips and I crave ice cream.  Even though we disagree on just about everything, Robby is perfect for me. He is the ying to my yang and the zig to my zag.  Together we help each other to become better people than we were yesterday. 


And that's a wrap folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment